Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Passion

Yesterday, I had the bright idea to get up really early and go to the Garden before work to take pictures of irises.  This would involve me getting up at 6:30 am to get there by 7 am because I would need to leave the Garden by 8 am.

I was up at 6:20 am.  I was exhausted.  I just couldn't get up.  I just couldn't do it and I couldn't drum up enough enthusiasm to overcome the exhaustion.

I was reading Fr. Martin's facebook feed and he was talking about some 3 questions he was asked.  One was about passion.  As I was being cranky with myself I thought about it.  I hate it when people ask me what I'm passionate about. I'm not really passionate about anything.

Maybe that's the root problem.

1 comment:

pennyante said...

Being passionate about something.... C'mon! It's just a buzz word. I'm glad this wasn't the term when I was growing up and as a young woman. There were things I LIKED to do then. There are things I LIKE to do now. I see some things from my corner that YOU like to do: photography, seeing beautiful things like art, nature, etc, Cut the buzz words and just enjoy what you like to do! :)