Sunday, April 1, 2012

Drinking Misadventures

Drinking Buddy:  I'm not having a good day.
Me:  I'm sorry.  Would a drink make it better?
Drinking Buddy:  ok.
Me:  YAY!

Me:  Where we go?
DB:  Someplace fun, outdoors, public and cheap.
Me:  Uh.  Uh.  I got nothin...
(we landed up at the pinball bar)

Me:  WOOT!!!!! Look at the score!  (imagine some one sticking out tongue)
DB:  You are just the right amount of drunk.
(oh he was so right...cause as the buzz wore off, so did my pinball skills)

DB:  Let's go someplace else
Me:  Ok.  Where?
DB:  Outside, there's places on Manchester...
Me:  BUGALOO!!!!  They have SWINGS!!!  (important detail)
DB:  sigh

RDG (Random Drunk Guy):  If some body does something wrong do you tell them or let it go?
Me:  I put it all over the Internet.
RDG:  That's passive-aggressive.
Me:  Yes.

RDG (to DB):  If someone were to insult her, would you do something?
DB:  Well it depends.  What would a reasonable person do?  *fuzzyness of my brain here*  You have to look at the root cause.  The root cause is drinking therefore he shouldn't drink.
Me:  I expect you to deck him.
DB:  quirks is eyebrow at me
(What have we learned?  DB defuses situations.  I add fuel to the fire.)




This afternoon:
Me:  Hey did I fall or run into stuff last night?
DB:  Yes.  You ran into lots of things.  Where is bruise?
Me:  On my lower back.
DB:  You were banging around on the swings.
Me:  Oh yea.
DB:  You may have stumbled a bit too.
Me:  giggle.
DB:  yes.  giggle.

No comments: