Hiking Buddy and I really wanted to go on a full moon hike at Shaw Nature Reserve. But getting a spot involves luck, speed and timing. We decided to go on our own full moon hike.
On New Year's Eve, we went hiking at night at Weldon Spring Conservation Area on the Lost Valley Trail. It was awesome. It was dark, but there was a full moon so you didn't need a flashlight. We decided to go back and go the other way on the trail.
We get there and I'm immediately creeped out in the parking lot. It seemed too dark. It was oppressive. I felt like I was being watched. Hiking Buddy picked up on my unease...probably because I was jittery. He was like it does seem darker. Wanting not to be a wuss, or to face my fears, I was like well...it must be because there are leaves on the trees now. Yeah. Yeah. That's it.
Then Hiking Buddy became uneasy. He's like let's turn around. Good idea. Let's. And we quickly walked back.
The trail just felt wrong.
2 comments:
Yea, always trust your gut on that.
You did right... always follow your instincts... Glad you are both safe...
Post a Comment