Thursday, March 1, 2012

Identity

Last night, movie buddy and I watched Cypher. In this movie, a man is essentially brainwashed twice as 2 different men. I'm thinking about this as I am pondering yet again why seraphic singles makes me so upset. I'm also thinking about female catholic bloggers and what they think women should be wearing at Mass.

I think it all boils down to identity. I don't have one anymore. I used to be identified as a student. I'm not a student anymore. Most women my age can also be identified as wife if not mother as well. I think of my former female classmates, all but 1 (and me) are married.

I don't know who I am. Reading these blogs gives me the sense that I am lacking. And worse what I am is wrong

1 comment:

Mark S. Abeln said...

Existential crisis. Don’t worry, we’ll talk.