When my first basset Homer died, as I was packing his things away, I washed all the dog beds one last time. I couldn't wash the stuffing, but I thought I should put it in the dryer to kill anything. When the stuffing came out of the dryer, the lint trap was full of Homer's fur. I was so happy becuase I had forgotten to get some of Homer's fur before he was cremated.
Jake died on Friday. I did remember to get his fur, but more is always better. The same bed that Homer slept on, Jake slept on. I had planned to do the same thing. Except when I got home from Mass, the bed was gone. I frantically searched, thinking it had been put in my room. I finally found it downstairs, the realm of my sister and 2 cats. I went to go get it and when I picked it up, I realized the mass/weight/feel of the bed had changed. I opened it up and realized the stuffing had been replaced with bean bag beans.
I was furious. Needless to say, I took the cover back. I almost dumped out the beans from the lining but decided that it wasn't worth the hassle. I placed the cover on my bed.
I went out with a friend for a while and when I got back, I saw the cover had reappeared downstairs. I took it back again. And this time my sister saw me take it. Not a word between us was spoken.
The funny thing is, had she asked, I would have let her have the bed. The sheepskin side of the cover is starting to wear and I had thought about getting Jake a new one, I just couldn't find one I liked for the right price.
I just wanted to get Jake's fur. And now it is gone.
I'm putting all of Jake's blankets in the car tomorrow to keep them safe....
2 comments:
dont blame me for the bed ... mother took it and washed it bought new stuffing for it ..she went in your room took it and brought it back down stairs .. so dont go automatically blaming me for things i did not do .. im glad to know why you were giving me dirty looks tho
AARGH! I'm sorry this happened, Snup... At least nobody can take away the memories and the pictures of Jake...
Post a Comment