Monday, January 30, 2012

A Reason...

I was reading through the blog feeder this morning and this post popped up.  It's about how a man killed himself after having to euthanize his dog.  Like the post's author, I totally identify with the feelings and emotions going on.  Some days I just don't want to get out of bed. But I have to get up and feed Jake and take him for a walk.  On the worst days, he doesn't get walked, he just gets let out into the yard.  If I don't get up, he'll pee on my shoes or worse start licking my birkenstocks.

Sometimes, it's all I have.  That something loves me.  Jake and I curl up under the covers.

Actually, Jake is rather good for me in other ways.  He gets distressed when I'm distressed so I try not to get distressed because it upsets him.

But Jake is slowly dying from cancer.  I don't know what I'll do without him.

1 comment:

owenswain said...

Saying goodbye to our dear old Chester this past November was much harder on me than I had imagined. Cancer took him (as I know you will recall). I still miss him very much and that's with Gryph still with us. I don't have an easy answer. Jake will never be 'replaced' but I hope, when the time is right, the Lord will provide another dear K9 friend one just right for you and for whom you will be just right.