Sunday, January 29, 2012

Running....

I think alot of people many people don't get depression.  One of my social network friends gets it.  You can read what he says about it here.

Someone said to me yesterday, you can't possibly be depressed.  You do all this stuff.  You go hiking, you go to wineries, you go on adventures.  You are not depressed.

I'm running.  If I run fast enough, depression won't catch me.  I have to busy.  I have to fill my mind with anything and everything.

When depression catches me, it's like a black sludge pulling me down into a pit.  I fall so hard so fast.  I know that being idle in any sense of the word brings about the likelihood that the sludge will catch me.  Each time it catches me, it is harder to pull free.

I have to keep running.  The alternative is to curl up in a ball under my blanket and cry.


1 comment:

owenswain said...

"you can't possibly be depressed" what an intriguing fantasy. My prayer for Someone is that they never find out just how wrong they are.

Running from self, I understand that and boy do I 'get' black sludge...

Word verification - no kidding = karma

Another alternative is to stop running and try to rest, in God. Not easy. I know you know I do not say this lightly.