Sunday, January 1, 2012

Astrophotography Attempt

Orion Over the Missouri River

I took this image on December 31, 2011.  I'm on the boat ramp in the Weldon Spring Conservation Area. At this size, you can't see the star trails or the camera shake.  I actually used a tripod for a change.  There's something wrong with my tripod:  the adaptor plate doesn't fit snug and there's some wiggle.  It was also windy.  I thinking that's where the shake comes from.  What I think is most amazing...if you look at the full size image, you can see something that looks like M42, the Orion Nebula.  

What I need to do is figure out how to take multiple short exposure images so that I can stack them and then combine them into one.  I also need to find out what is up with my tripod.

2 comments:

Mark S. Abeln said...

Bring the tripod around and I'll try to tighten it. Since I broke it, I might as well try to fix it.

Tina aka Snupnjake said...

Awww...is ok. But yes you can help try to fix it. :)