Saturday, January 28, 2012

Rough Morning

This morning was the Maplewood Winter Farmers' Market at Schafly Bottleworks.  I'm gearing up to make soup and I prefer buying local ingredients grown by local farmers.  Yes, sometimes the stuff costs more, but I think it is a worthwhile investment.  I headed there first thing this morning as it opened at 9 am.

I opened the door and the smell of yeast?  uncooked beer?  hops?  it's a beer smell...but not a beer from a beer can smell... hit me and I immediately started to panic.  I loathe that smell more than anything in the world.  I was instantly remembering being a little kid and smelling that on my dad and his clothes.  I wanted to flee.  But I had to get food for soup.

It was so crowded.  And people were standing around socializing.  It was hard to move around and see the different tables.  I started not to be able to think.  All I could remember was I needed sweet potatoes.  I found said sweet potatoes and probably way overpaid.  But I wanted out.  I couldn't focus my brain was like panic! flee!  run!  I did manage to pull it together to buy Jake dried liver.  My revulsion at having to feed Jake liver won over the burgeoning panic for a moment.

They had artisan coffee and Photo Buddy so loves coffee, I was like I'll get him some.  but there was a line and I was like I can't stay in here any longer.  So no coffee for Photo Buddy.

I was fine once I got into my car.

And now I'm going to go play in the sunshine.

No comments: