In response to this article, which was posted that "It was so Victorian", I stated that Mr. Santorium was, I believed, a Roman Catholic, therefore his beliefs and statements appeared to be in line with official Catholic teaching on the matter. Which I thought was rather shocking in and of itself. Essentially, the Roman Catholic Church teaches that birth control in any form is a mortal sin and wrong. But that is perfectly consistent with the no sex outside of marriage belief too. Cause if you aren't messing around you don't need birth control. Amazing how that works.
Another person stated that the Church might believe these things, (There is actaully no might about it. There's buckets of Church teaching on the matter.), but that the people who belong are much more in tune with God.
Mmmmmhmmmm. I see.
Because God wanted women to have abortions.
Because God wanted women to be able to have unrestricted, no consequences sex so they take pills that put their health at risk.
Because God's all about the objectification of women. We are just sex toys you see.
Because God wants women to catch incurable diseases from unresponsible men. (and vice versa)
Mmmmm. I may not be in tune with what God wants the majority of the time. But somehow, the current sexual culture does not seem in tune with what God wants.
But I don't have a theology degree so I could be wrong.
Never did I ever think when I was young little rebel that I would be defending Church sexual teaching.
1 comment:
Heh. There are lots of things you'll never believe just you heard yourself say or do.
Laura
Post a Comment