As I was thinking about this blog post, I started wondering whether or not am I thinking about something or worrying about something. How can you tell the difference?
What am I thinking/worrying about?
- my job - did I say or do anything particularily stupid or inappropriate? Did I express an opinion in the wrong way or to the wrong people? Was I productive enough? Do I have a future here? Do I want to have a future here?
- my family - why does my sister refuse to talk to me? What will I be walking into when I go home? Do I stay or do I flee? Do my parents expect me to care for them in their old age? Will they move to where I live or will I be expected to stay? Am I really all that they say?
- Buddy - did he eat today? Is he doing ok? Did I say anything particularily stupid? Am I bothering him too much or not enough? How often should I remind of something or should I? How can I convince him to take me dancing?
- friends - why don't I really have any? What do I do that drives people away or keeps them from approaching?
- Should I try to publish my dissertation?
- therapy - should I go? Who should I see? How will I evade questioning by family about my whereabouts? Can I afford it? Can I not afford it?
- my time - am I being productive? What can I do to be more productive? What should I be doing instead?
- photography - why do I feel so uncreative? Why do I only want to take B&W pics of trees?
- Where is the snow?
- my health - somethings not right. I need to lose weight and exercise but how shall I accomplish this?
- What should I give up/do for Lent?
- What am I doing to do this weekend?
Round and round and round they go...where they stop, no one knows.
1 comment:
Sometimes it feels like I can never stop my thoughts. They just go on and on and on and on...
Stop my brain, I want to get out for a while.
Post a Comment