Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Vacation

I noticed on my most recent pay stub that I have accumulated 80 hours of vacation.  That would be 2 weeks.  Two glorious weeks of fun and not worrying about a very tall truck with an expensive solar panel roof and short bridges.

I want to see the beach.  Not just any beach, but the Pacific Ocean.  They say the Pacific has no memory (Quick!  what movie is that from?)

I decided to go to Oregon.  Because of my uh fluffiness (yeah that's it) it would be better on all parties if I took my car and drove.  That way I can stop and see stuff, and never actually get there.  I was really excited.  I could see mountains and waterfalls and covered bridges.  I signed up to get all the travel brochures from the states I would be driving through.

And then I realized something.  It would be 2 weeks alone.  A road trip alone.  I don't have any one to share the fun with.

I think it was the question asked on Montana's website that made me not want to go anymore.  It asked "Who is your travel companion?"  and one of the options was a furry four legged friend.

I never got to take Jake to the beach.  I was going to take him after I graduated.  I think he would have loved the beach with all the smells.  I'm not sure how he would have been walking in sand but we would have looked for a different kind of beach.  I wonder if he would have gone into the ocean.

No comments: