I was pondering this and I thought...well I kind of have a mental checklist of what I want in a potential mate. What if I weighted the different categories? I mean there are some things that are non negotiable, like the potential mate can't be an alcoholic. The mate must like dogs. Basset hounds get extra points.
Wait. If I'm weighting stuff, I could just make one big equation! I could give it boundary conditions and initial conditions....or it could be that each term in the large equation is determined by a smaller less complicated equation.. It could be like the Drake Equation in a way!!!
Then I thought of X. We broke up because there was no chemistry between us according to X. Chemistry is a science. We know how chemicals react to each other. Chemicals are governed by rules. We know what likes to bond with what and which chemical are "easy" and which play hard to get. We also know which ones are radioactive.
So we'd have two equations....one for each potential mate. If the solutions are within a certain deviation, then the relationship could work out. If not, then there's no need to even try.
Yes. It could be like the Myers-Briggs. When meeting someone you could just go I'm a 5 like people go around shouting I'm an INTP...
Hmmm...a numerical solution might not work....a graphical solution, a function, might be better. Yes...and then if the two functions intersect or maybe overlap, then you'd have a good match.
Yes. There could be a computer that potentially matches us. It just searches for a compatible function.
Seriously. This could work. Yes.
So the first step is to create a function. Then find some happily married people to test it on. Awesomeness.
No comments:
Post a Comment