Wednesday, July 11, 2012

States of Drunkenness

Drinking Buddy and I went to Happy Hour last night.  We had an ulterior motive, Photo Buddy's picture was on the wall in the place (very very nice) and we wanted to see it.

The purpose of Happy Hour of course is to get cheap drinks and cheap food.  I'm sure that's not the real reason but that's what I think so there you have it.

I've only been drinking for roughly 2 years.  I blame my last semester of doctoral coursework.  I specifically blame discourse analysis.  Lovely course; I learned a great deal.  It just drove me to drink.  Which is really saying something considering I was in doctoral studies in physics.  You know, come to think of it, drinking might have made that go better.  Alas, I was a different person then.

So what happens when I drink?  It doesn't take me very much to get buzzed and then drunk.  A bottle of hard cider will get me seriously buzzed, usually by drinking half of it.  Two rum and cokes and I'm ready to dance on tables.

Here's how it usually progresses:


  1. Giggling.  Not just any giggling, giggling with some deep breathing issues.  Almost like snorting but ladies don't snort.  Ladies also don't drink in excess but that's another post.
  2. Crazy Idea stage.  Can overlap with giggling.  Starts having crazy ideas or think other people's crazy ideas are awesome.  
  3. Snuggling.  I just want to curl up with someone and rest my head on a chest and be all cuddly.
  4. Anxious.  Sometimes I just start at this stage.  I was in the Apple Store and there were all these people and they were so close and I had to run away.  The best is when Drinking Buddy leaves to go to the restroom.  If he's gone more than 2 minutes I start freaking out.  
  5. Sobriety.  A sad state of affairs.
  6. Very Very Hyper!!
So there you have it.  Of course there is the usual slurring of words (starts between 1 and 2) and the room spinning and rocking.  

I do usually stop when my stomach starts rebelling BTW.

No comments: