I'm losing my job on August 10. I have no prospects for afters. I've applied for a few and have a couple more applications to send out.
A social media friend has been harassing me about finding a job for the last month.
Every time I start thinking about a new job waves of panic hit me and I'm frozen with indecision.
I don't know what I want to do. Should I try an academic job, a non-profit, or give it up and go into corporate America?
I don't know where to live. Do I look for local jobs or do I move away. I'd like to move far away but I have a very thin support structure as it is. I'd have nothing if I'd move away. But if I stay, there may not be any jobs. My parents are getting older. I should be responsible and stay and help them.
I think about the jobs I've had and how I've wrecked every one in some way.
All of this going on while trying to write letters selling myself and I just freak out and retreat.
No comments:
Post a Comment