Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Praying

I wonder what God thinks when 2 people present prayers to Him asking for the exact opposite thing.  I wonder how He chooses.

I suppose He chooses which one to answer based on His Will.  But how do you know what that is?

If God is just going to do as He wills, is there any point to asking for intercessions?  He's going to do what He wants anyway...so why?  Why pray at all?

I suppose you could always pray for acceptance.

1 comment:

Mike said...

All prayers are answered in accordance with God's will. You pray for sunshine, someone else prays for rain, you are both using God as a candy machine. God is not a candy machine. True prayer is "Thy will be done on Earth".

So why ask for intercessions? Because God's will includes knowing what we will do (since He is outside of time). So when we ask for things, God know it. His answer may be yes or no, but it will be the thing that is best for us in terms of our salvation, because God wills all men be saved.

Yes it is a mystery, but God is not just a super powerful human, He is beyond our thoughts.

This is probably a very poor explanation, and I hope someone can post a better one.