Saturday, June 16, 2012

I want to ride my bicycle

Hiking Buddy got a bike for his b-day.  After squishing my misplaced jealousy down, I realized I have a bike too. We can ride bikes together.  YAY!

Hiking Buddy has been riding everyday since he got it.  He mentioned that initially he was a little wobbly.  I shrugged it off.

Then I remembered something.  I haven't ridden a bike since before I got Jake.  I actually thought about it and was like I don't think I've ridden that bike at all.  Depression can do that to you.

I was like...I'm old.  I'm going to get on the bike and then I'll fall.  And die of humiliation.  So I had this brilliant idea to ride it.  NOW.  I'm in my pjs with my tennis shoes on.  Yeah.  Doing this in the dark was the way to go.

Wobbly doesn't even cover it.  I forgot how to stop.  I have no idea how to use the grip shifts.

This is going to be interesting.  And frightening.

No comments: