Had I gone to Mass this morning, I would have heard a Gospel about marriage and perhaps a homily about marriage, like this one. Frankly, given the homilies I've heard in the last 3 years I doubt it but miracles never cease.
Last night, I watched "How to Make an American Quilt" In this movie, marriage takes a beating. Couples are unfaithful; marriages are only happening because of unplanned pregnancies and of course there is snarky dialogue about how unnatural marriage is.
It's interesting that the subject of marriage is on my mind. My aunt has suggested to me that the solution to my unemployment problem is to marry a rich man. There have been some interesting marital dynamics I've observed recently.
I've pretty much lost all hope that I'll ever get married. Not sure how to go out and meet men which is the primary problem.
But I'm also realizing the pool of potential partners is rapidly shrinking.
I'm not sure why I'm thinking about this. I never wanted to get married when I was younger. I thought men were unnecessary. However, after going to a swamp in the middle of the night and clammering around on rocky trails I've realized guys are pretty handy to have around. They are certainly less catty.
I don't know. I keep thinking of the line for the Dawes song...I just want someone to make the days move easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment