Tuesday, September 4, 2012

SNAKE!

The scene is a National Wildlife Refuge on the Mississippi River.  Two photographers are hiking on an abandoned road to river.

Me:  (abruptly stopping) It's a snake!
Photo Buddy:  It's a big caterpillar.
Me:  It's a snake!
Photo Buddy:  I'll pick it up!
Me:  What kind is it?  I'm not sucking venom out of you...



Isn't it just the cutest little...

Photo Buddy:  You want to pet it?
Me:  (as manly as possible) no, I'm good. 

Sometime later:
Me:  (screeching halt)  Is that a snake?  or is it a stick?
Photo Buddy:  It's a snake...but it's dead.  Look how flat it is.  
Me:  Uh.  Uh.
Photo Buddy:  I need a stick.  
Me:  You are going to poke it?  You are such a boy.  Use my tripod.
Photo Buddy:  (poke, poke) See...it's (poke) ACK! Wow!  It's alive it's fast.
Me:  (squashing girlie screams of fear) uh
Photo Buddy:  Did you get a picture?
Me: of course!


It was dark.  The snake was fast.
That's why the image is blurry.
Not like I was scared.  






No comments: